I have set myself a challenge: to change something in my life each week for a year, so I can
limit MY impact on the human and physical environment whilst living a regular life in the city.
Please help me by adding a comment with ideas and hints!

Tuesday 25 January 2011

Captain Planet

It's Australia day today and a sweltering 33°C with 83% humidity. I have opted to spend most of my day under the ceiling fan with the air con blasting. I need to find a greener way to keep cool!

I have already been at work on my challenge for three weeks and have successfully started a veggie/herb garden, made more than 10 items of clothing, bought and collected used items instead of buying new, and used my legs as transport.

Question: Is "heart" the most uncool Captain Planet power? (Question courtesy of Jess)

2 comments:

  1. I love your idea, and I LOVE your blog name!!
    Looking forward to hearing lots of details about your veggie patch and the clothes. Tell us how you did it - I'm rubbish at gardening AND clothes-making, but would love to do both. You'll have to post some tutorials :)
    Sheila (McIver) N.
    PS Can I put your blog on my blogroll as a link?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sheila, I will post some details of those things for sure. And YES to putting a link of this blog on your blogroll.

    Great to hear from you :)

    ReplyDelete