I have set myself a challenge: to change something in my life each week for a year, so I can
limit MY impact on the human and physical environment whilst living a regular life in the city.
Please help me by adding a comment with ideas and hints!

Monday 14 March 2011

Paper

To find the culprit wasting valuable resources: look through the trash. That's just what the office cleaner remarked when emptying my recycling bin. TOO MUCH waste paper.

Nearly 4 billion trees worldwide are cut down each year for paper, representing about 35% of all harvested trees. Paper is not the limitless resource it seems, we need to preserve our forests!

But using paper is the nature of my job, I need to photocopy documents, worksheets, assignments and reports. How can I cut down my usage and waste?
REDUCE, REUSE & RECYCLE:
  • Do I need to print this? Is there another way I or others can view this? Can I copy 2-sided or half size? Am I using the photocopier effectively or making unnecessary waste?
  • Can I print/write on the back of other pre-used paper destined for recycling?
  • Do I ever put paper in the trash instead of recycling?

1 comment:

  1. So much food for thought here - especially for me as I so love my arts and crafts!

    ReplyDelete